Monday, October 28, 2013

Sports Co-Ed Baby Shower BBQ

It's time for a baby shower! My friend was having a boy and wanted a co-ed party at the park. They are both into sports so it was a perfect fit to do a sports themed baby shower.



We had delicious chocolate cake decorated in sports themed. I made the three flags on top to read "Welcome All-Star Anthony."

I got the invite and party downloads on Etsy from Sugar Tree Press. I bought the set that included the invite, water bottle wrappers, favor tags, garland and diaper raffle.



We didn't get too elaborate for decorations because we were at a park. I did put up a few of these paper lanterns from Party City. They had baseball and football lanterns so we put up 3 of each. I wish they had basketball or soccer as well, but couldn't find any there or online.



I also found this soccer ball thick paper centerpieces at Joanne's Fabrics for $0.25 in the discount section. Michael's had the cute sports themed rubber duckies, so I pared them for a few centerpieces.



We served picnic type foods: hot dogs, potato salad, tortilla chips with salsa, potato chips and dip, and veggies with dip made in these cut cups. I took the water bottle labels that came with my invitation set and glued them to clear plastic cups. Add ranch and cut veggies. They were so easy and fun. We had a tray of extra veggies for people to refill.



One of the other hostess's brought three of these fruit platters. We used them as centerpieces, which we also figured would be a good way to get them eaten. There was a lot of fruit at this shower!

I love the diaper raffle idea so we decided to do a $50 gift card for the diaper raffle. Mom and dad brought home a lot of diapers! I sent the diaper raffle tickets with the invitations but printed more for the day of the shower. A lot of people forgot them, so they were really needed. I used a coffee container to make the football diaper raffle container. It was very simple. I took brown construction paper and painted on the lines with white paint and then glued it on.

For the favors, I took brown paper bags, filled them with kettle corn and put these adorable tags on them that we got with our set. As it turns out, kettle corn is not a good idea in paper bags! It was all stale even though we did it the day before. They looked cute, but not very practical. This would be a great idea with another filling.



1 comment:

  1. Sports Co-Ed Baby Shower BBQ is looking absolutely fabulous. We also would be welcoming our nephew. What an awesome treat there will be in 2019! I am planning a chic family baby shower too for the parents-to-be and would be hosting it at the local garden event space San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete